Tuesday 8 March 2011

Rango


I just got back from watching the new film Rango starring Johnny Depp with a friend.
What I saw was not what I excepted when seeing trailers and advertisements for it for it.
*This review will be very vague as to not spoil it*



The film follows a no-name lizard that pretends to the town folk he finds on his journey, that his name is 'Rango'. He creates his own story and acts it out as the films goes on, with the town folk and becomes their hero. His own intention is to find 'who he is', but that can only be done by helping these folk with a water problem.

I really thought this film was going to be very 'kiddy kiddy', and happy joyful but I was wrong as from the start its already seems quite demented and kind of creepy. The characters themselves are not the usual kiddy look either with them portraying old-west beat up cowboys, with wounds and injuries, scary looking features and all the traits that come along with the old western films.

Though the story I think was very easy to understand, I definitely think with some parts or even most of it, you definitely can't miss a part or things will become confusing as I find it to be quite random in parts. The story I think is very originally done; as although it shows the typical 'Who am I, hero story' its been made in a very unique and different way and definitely a quirky way too!

Another thing I really loved about this is the CG. Its amazing :) from the water effects, sand grains and the trees.....Its one of those films you'd need to watch to see how good the CG is, and I definitely recommend seeing it in the cinema.

The soundtrack as excepted from Hans Zimmer was great. It really captured the scenes perfectly and drew the story out with it. It also captures again that western feel.

As this film was made by the people who made 'Pirates of the Caribean', it has some parts that were also kind of featured in them films too, such as the 'crab scene in the white dessert' you see in Pirates, but it was with what looked to be wood louse.

Thinking of all the things I've said and trying to think of something bad to say....I can't think of anything.....though this film IS very strange I think, its strange in a good way, and I myself really can't think of anything wrong with it at all. For my personally, and I don;t know if anyone will agree, its one of those films that I could watch over and over and not get bored of it.
So yeah, definitely a worth watch film in cinema and bought on DVD.But as I said above, to see the amazing detail in the CG and get a great atmospheric sound see it in the cinema first for sure.



 Other movies to watch when your bored-> http://www.moviestowatchwhenbored.com/

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~