Monday 21 March 2011

Gackt Portrait:-Complete

Yay, so as I posted previous, I have been working on a digital portrait of Gackt, which to be honest I didn't even think I would finish! But I can actually say I did, and I'm so happy with how its turned out! :D~

So as I said in my last one too, I haven't done a digital portrait for ages now.The last time I attempted was a Miyavi one, which I still haven't even finished and is still at the same stage.....fail...I will eventually finish it....maybe haha.....
Anyway, I will show you the stages I went through to make this portrait of Gackt!

Materials/prgrams I used:- Wacom Bamboo fun tablet
                                             Photoshop CS 2 (Haha yeah I know Photoshop CS 2...xP)

Step 1. I drew all the outlines of Gackts face, using the reference as guidance, I like to pick up on as much as possible whilst doing this so I don't mess up. I used basic photoshop brush about 2mm.
Step 2. I drew Gackts perfect skin haha xP...again I used the reference pic to pic up on tones and shadows using the eyedropper tool. On this layer it was only is face with no features like eyes, nose and mouth.

Step 3,4,5. So Now comes his Eyes nose and mouth. I made them all on separate layers. I'm scared of putting them on just one, in case I completely mess up then there would be no going back....


Step 6. Then it come his hair! This took ages even though it was quite easy as all it is a flick of the tablet pen.

Step 7&8- His Clothes, background and my signature. Ok so I'm lazy now and want to just finish this off so I struggled so much with his clothes so I just made them a textured colour wash, I attempted so much with his necklace failing a billions times over so decided to leave it out. The background is just a texture colour wash and sig...well its obvious that I just wrote it with my table pen hah.
Then my Gackt portrait was complete...after I turned the 'guide lines' off, which I'm not going to do on here....you'll have to view it on my deviantart!! :D~
I will probably come back to this and refine some things another day and attempt to add his necklace in again, but for the time being I am happy with how it is now and think its complete. I hope I have done him justice and have not made him ugly faced and I hope you like it as much as I do haha xD~
Thank you for reading, cya 'til next post! ~
Please tell me your opinion on my Gackt digital portrait, in the comment section below! 

Please note:
All of my drawings/paintings/ digital/ art pieces belong to me (MayonakaSun) and have been made by me alone.
You Do Not have permission to copy, repost, reproduce, print or sell ANY of my art work that I have posted thoughout my blog or on my deviantART page.
The only places I will ever post any of my art work is DeviantART and my blog, so if my art work shows up anywhere else on the internet or elsewhere you do not have the right to have put it there and I will not have give permission for it to be there, and I will insist you take it down immediately!
My/Me/ I /myself= MayonakaSun.
You= yourself reading/person(s) reading/viewing.
Art work/Art pieces = Digital art, traditional art, tutorials, drawings, paintings and crafts all made by me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~