Sunday 13 February 2011

Oh the Grell-ness


I think as you can tell from the title, this will be about Grell Sutcliff from Kuroshitsuji or Black Butler to my fellow english speakers hehe.
This is finally the post about the plushy and my cosplay costume I've been deciding to post or not haha.
So first up, is my lil plush Grell Sutcliff, I made in back in December 2010 or so.


 He's made out of Red, black and brown felt all hand sewn and super glued together. He only took me I think about 1-2 days but that's not constant. I was thinking at first when I started, 'Ah! This is going to be hard!....' but once I got the hang of make mini things/clothes again (I'm usual used to making big/real life size....) it become really easy to my surprise! The hardest thing I did find though was definitely Grell's red hair! Cutting small pieces of felt, and trying to super glue them on.....scary process......O_O.....but I wanted his hair to look flowy, so cutting the small pieces was a must, but super glue+small pieces of fiddly felt+ fingers....yeah I think you get it.....
Anyway I hope I've did him justice, I think he's come out well, hope you like my 'lil plush version of Grell too hehe :D~


Now is my Grell cosplay that I started during my University Christmas holidays, 2010 which took only about 3 days to make, not including proper details. So first I'll just show you some of the process of the waistcoat, as that the only thing I remembered to take photos of AS I was making....¬__¬....
 So as you can see, with these I had already made the whole waistcoat, with the backing strap thing detail with the only thing need to put on was the collar, which :D~




 Then Boom its done! Haha, The coat I made out of a thick cotton and the thickest ribbon I could find at fabric land as all the black edging.
The pattern for Grell's coat, I used was an womans tailed coat from Burda (7986) which I adapted the collar and the bottom section. This pattern I conveniently had at home already from attempting to make Ruki from The GazettE's 'Cockroach' video (but that's another post!)
I am not too sure if you are able to buy this pattern in the shop now (I doubt it...) but I think you maybe able to buy online? :S~

Anyway, as you can see the waistcoat is complete here, the collar made from silk.
The pattern for his waist coat I made completely myself.
The details,:-
Grell's red glasses:- Claire's Accessories, frames pained red with nail varnish.
Grell's 'trademark' glasses chain:- Made myself with two old bracelets.
The Skulls on his glasses chain:- White tack with permanent marker and hardened with clear nail varnish.
Trouser detail/beads:- Used same old bracelets as glasses chain.
Neck tie:- Piece of white ribbon, drew the stripes on....

Overall, I think my cosplay cost me only £60-£70 pounds, for all of it (including wig, which I haven't finished styling so I'm not taking a photo of 'til its done....)
I don't have the Grells teeth because 1. Desortion dentures are too exspensive! 2. Using fake nails...I won't be able to eat properlly.....so it will be only semi-open smile photos from me!

Want to make Grells Sebastian doll, featured in The Making of? Please visit my tutorial!
Grell Sebastian Doll Tutorial

 So yeah, hopefully this will be debuting at the London MCM expo may 2011!
So look out for me! :D~

Well, thats it for my post. 'Til next time :D~

 All of my drawings/paintings/ digital/ art pieces belong to me (MayonakaSun) and have been made by me alone.
You Do Not have permission to copy, repost, reproduce, print or sell ANY of my art work that I have posted thoughout my blog or on my deviantART page.

The only places I will ever post any of my art work is DeviantART and my blog, so if my art work shows up anywhere else on the internet or elsewhere you do not have the right to have put it there and I will not have give permission for it to be there, and I will insist you take it down immediately!

My/Me/ I /myself= MayonakaSun.
You= yourself reading/person(s) reading/viewing.
Art work/Art pieces = Digital art, traditional art, tutorials, drawings, paintings and crafts all made by me.


         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~