Tuesday 29 June 2010

Cain drawing tutorial

Hey, as I said in my previous post I'd give you a small tutorial on my recent art here.
*Please click to view this fully.
*I am no where near an expert at this, I just explain what I find best and easiest for me :)~

As there is not much to say about the process I will only mainly be saying the pencils I used and pencil lines.

1. First, I used all the basic mapping lines to get the eyes, nose and mouth in the right places, and began drawing my lines using a 0.7 mechnical pencil . I used a reference of various pages from the manga itself but tried to draw it in a realistic fashion so I used other references from the internet and such to get his eyes right and position right.

2. I then began the shading of his face, I used a variety of pencils from 2H, 0.7 HB Mechnaical pencil and 5H, which made sure I could get all the dark sections dark and all the light section light haha. I also used my eraser to lighten up sections again. With this section again I also added his coat on so he would look more like himself.

3. Next thing I done was his coat and hair. For his hair again I used various pencils to achieve the look I wanted from HB, 5B, 6B, 2H, 4H, 5H, F and my mechanical pencil again. I literally made my pencil flow as hair should dragin it done the guidelines and though the middle, using harder pencils like 6B for the darker areas and 2H for the lighter areas. For his coat, I used the same pencils, using 2H for the first under coat to get the initial darkness and built up using cross hatching and shading to get the end result as seen.

4.I then made a background using the manga as reference again, but changed up again. With this I didn't want it to completely drown Cain himself so I kept it very plain and simple, using out my Mechnical pencil to shade and draw the lines.

So yep, thats it. I hope this helps a little bit and thank you for reading :)~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~