Tuesday 22 June 2010

Prince of Persia:Sands of Time Review....

Today I watched 'Prince of Persia: Sand of Time' with a few friends.


It is a definite worth watch!!
*Some bits maybe be vague as I don’t want anything to be a spoiler~
Though, I've not played the games, I do know quite a bit about it, so I'll just base it on what I know of the game and compare it :)~.

First thing I noticed in the first fight/action scene was how close it was to the game, with the amazing acrobatics, escape moves it was like watching a cut scene from the game, which really impressed me as they actually bothered to do that, unlike other game to movie adaptation where the smallest simplest thing is not done.

The next thing was the acting I thought it was very believable and very much like the main characters (The Prince) personality, with his cocky humour and slightly over the top attitude which I think again makes it better again. Some parts of the acting though were just slightly annoying as they just seem TOO over the top and exaggerated, but otherwise it was good.

Though something that is not particularly important I think the costumes where perfect, though with obvious slight changes for the visual effect of the movie, I really thought they looked great.

I know with cinema's the sound is always perfect and is meant to bring you into the film but, I really found this to be one of the best films for sound and music, and it literally seemed to drag you in with the atmosphere, as all quarters and sections of the screen with filled with some type of sound, I think if this was made in well done 3D, it would be amazing.

The only slight niggle, was that if it was meant to be based on the original 'Prince of Persia: Sands of Time: game, the story was off, but seeming as I do not know the story of the game completely, nor do I know if the film was meant to be that, I cannot give a proper saying in it.

Hmmm, I don’t actually know what else to say about this film, except that it was really good and a well worth watching overall. I think the main points that made this film so good for me was the acrobatics, and the acting as they were very impressive.

So yep, thats it, a small review of 'Prince of Persia' :)~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~