Friday 29 April 2011

Thor


I've just got back from watching the almighty 'Thor' movie.
I think you can tell just from that 1st sentence, I liked it :D~
*Review will be vague as to not spoil things*


Being a Marvel fan, I was was going to be pretty critical when watching this, and to my surprise its one of the best films I've seen this year.

So its starts with the introduction of the main characer Thor (Chris Hemsworth), showing his arrogance and strength as Asgard comes under attack whilst he was meant to be announced King of Asgard. After these events he gets banished to Midgard (Earth) where he meets Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) and the story beings as he tries to get his way back into Asgard introducing more characters along the way with Thors brother Loki (Tom Hiddleston) and Oden (Anthony Hopkins) Thors farther.

What I was really excepting from this film was Thor was not going to be portrayed as being a god, more of a typical 'American hero' (like a fireman, and he'd 'save the day') and they would just skim across the fact hes a god and make him an average strong guy for people to understand him more of a 'person'. But nope....Chris Hemsworths acting as Thor I think was amazing! He really played and portrayed Thors character spot-on, he showed his strength and god-like powers off the way he should be and my exceptions where wiped. Alongside with the amazing CG, he was the perfect guy to fit the role of Thor.

Now speaking of CG...that was also epic...I loved it......it just enhanced the godly-ness of this film even more, with their powers showing the immensity.

As I didn't watch this in 3D I cannot comment on whether it is worth it, but most of the time with any 3D film its not worth it....

So instead of just reading this review, I think you should go watch Thor. It is definitely a worth watch by far!
Even if your not a Marvel fan, it is easy to understand as their is no background information you need to know before watching...so yeah, that's all I can really say with out spoiling it, go watch :D~

Other movies to watch when your bored-> http://www.moviestowatchwhenbored.com/



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~