Monday 24 May 2010

New Art....

Well, it this again. Me and my new art....that isnt really all that new....
Ok so first one is called,

'Is it Raining?'


 This is a different style I tried, making it slightly more realistic and using hints of colour. The look I wanted with this is an old fashioned english, with a modern twist, I dont know if I have really shown that....hopefully I have haha :).
The next is a kind of continueation of the previous called 'Is it raining?....Nope....'

This is just the other character previously just made semi-realistic. I want to keep it anime-ish but still make her realistic so this is what I thought of doing.

The last one is many just sketches, and is something that I've always attempted to do but end up getting lazy, and its called 'Expressions'.
Anyway, I used the book 'Manga Moods' by Saori Takarai/ Manga University, as reference for all of these expressions/moods and adapted them to my own so I didnt just copy them completely.
I really like the way they've come out and has really taught me how to draw different expression, and really make the character show what they are meant to be expressing instead of it almost having an expression but not really playing it, (if that makes sense haha :)) which is something I've always found difficult.
Any way, if you cannot read all the moods or my handwritting the expressions are as follows, starting TOP LEFT first:
1.Sleepy
2.Happy
3.Frightened
4.Energetic
5.Woeful
6.Sad
7.Embarrassed
8.Defiant
9.Coy
10. Grumpy
11.Tearful
12.Angry
13.Sneaky
14.Perky
15. Confident
16.Malicious
17.Shy
18.Dumbstruck
Ok So yeah, that all of them, hope you like it,
and I'll be back with probably more art soon as I have lots to upload :).



You can view all of these on my deviantART with a better description haha :)http://mayonakasun.deviantart.com/#

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~