Wednesday 15 June 2011

Kung Fu Panda 2 Review


Earlier I went an watch Kung Fu Panda 2, with a few friends...as I quite liked the first one, I was kind of excepting this one to be similar standard.
*this review is vague as not to spoil anything*



So whats this film about?  It follows Po (Jack Black), as he and the Dragon masters: Tigress (Angelina Jolie), Monkey (Jackie Chan), Mantis (Seth Rogen), Crane (David Cross) and Viper (Lucy Liu) go out to save China....but this time from a new evil of Shen (Gary Oldman) the peacock and his unstoppable weapon that will wipe out Kung Fu forever! Within the story you find out about Po's past and his mother and farther, and how this all links in with Shen.
 Along the way guest voices such as Jean-Claude Van Damme as Master Croc, Dennis Haysbert as Master Ox and Victor Garber as Master Rhino appeared...which although only had a few lines, they where pretty cool characters haha....

Now that's out of the way, was it good? Hmm...this will definitely be a thing that will differ from person to person for sure! But from my opinion, it was good. The story, though very predictable and very cliche  was OK, but the humour.....this was another film that I found to be very forced with it....I know this film is focused on kids so it is excepted completely to be over the top and slightly annoying,  but the humour was a no for me on some parts.....but I'm not saying that this film was not funny at all though!

What I liked about the first one, was the CG which is something I always noticed in CG animation films, and this one followed the same atmosphere and feelings as the last completely. I loved the parts with the 'hand drawn' animations and movements like a shadow puppet theatre....was very artistic and pretty hhehe.

Hmm, disappointments with this film I found, that parts seemed very disjointed and didn't flow nicely, though it told the story I really didn't like the pacing in some parts as the would be on full on action fight scene, to dead stop......for no reason....it seemed quite disorganized in telling it.

Right so overall for this film I found it good,and yes if you are thinking of watching it, then I don;t think you'll be wasting your money. Its an obvious kids film that did seem a bit annoying sometimes but I can understand why as its not really suited towards a person my age. CG was amazing, and the story average but hey, what more can be told with a story like this.

So yeah, that's all I can say thanks for reading and tell me your opinions.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~