Tuesday 31 May 2011

Aoi Portrait: Complete

Well, a few days ago I posted on my Tumblr that I was drawing 'Someone' now I can say its Aoi from the Gazette, with his new Pink hair!

So here are the steps I went to makingmy Aoi digital drawing.
I wanted in this piece to have his hair the main focus, to I made the rest black and white....well black and grey....
Any way lets begin!



 1. Step 1, I drew all the lines. I could use these as to begin colouring.
 2.I then coloured his skin! This was pretty easy to do as there is only a few tones to use as it was grey.
4.I then added his lips and eyes, both onto new layers. By me putting them on seperate layers it allows my to 'transform' or delete anything I didnt want with out messing up the skin layer in any way.
5. I then began the black part of his hair. This was quite easy as well as it was just short strokes to create the effect of hair.
6. The challenge of the pink part of his hair!! This was a struggle....it took the most time out of the whole entire piece, the amount of shading and layering it takes to make pink hair look natural was a nightmare....and even then I dont think I have achieved a fully natural look in his hair......
7. After the nightmare of his hair, I began his clothes, this was very simple colour and shading/highlighting.....
8. The Aoi himself was complete! ....But it still needed some type of background....
9. So why not exaggerate that pink hair of his by putting a Pink back ground...and thats what I did.....Next added a border,Aois name and my signature then it was complete!
Okok, so I've left the guidelines on this.....thats so you can visit the full piece on my deviantART.

I hope you like it....my next digital drawing tutorial or step by step I should say, will be of my second 'mystery' drawing.....





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~