Monday 23 May 2011

Water For Elephants


This is a very unexcepted film for me to watch, but as I went with different then my usual friends to watch this, it was kind of excepted....this will be a completely new type of review from me and I think will be a bit of a struggle hah...
*this film will be vague to not spoil any thing*


So this film is is about a Jacob Jankowski (Robert Pattinson) who is a vetinary college student that is about to finish his degree, but that is shattered when his parents are killed in an accident.This  begins the story of how he got into circus life and how the story begins, where you meet husband and wife 
Marlena (Reese Witherspoon) and August (Christoph Waltz) who thoughout the film develope the story.
I really wasnt excepting anything from this film..knowing this is not my typical film, I hadn't done any back round look-ins or trailers. So my opinion of this film? It was adverge....it wasn't very eventful, wasnt very exciting...but thats just coming from someone that likes more 'action' to there films haha. But saying that, I did like the overall feel of the film, the story; though basic cliche was good as well. 

The acting, though I hate to admit it, Robert Pattinson played quite well and even though his range of emotion, verged on slight smiles and very slight frowning which didnt really make you feel anything for his character at all he did played the part quite well....only I pretty such they could have got someone with more of a diverse range of emotion to portray this quite emotion filled film.
The thing I liked most about this film was the circus, but that's about it.....and even then...is wasnt very...eventful so to say...but all I can say is they 'hired' a very talented elephant and I think that is what made the film as I felt more emotion coming from the elephant then Robert haha :D~
Another thing about this film, was it went on for too long and it being quite uneventful, it got boring ..... and that was the opinion from all my friends that went with me....it just went on for too long, and though I could why in any way it did because it told most of the story (not judging from the book!)....it was just too long....

So yeah, before I say any more about this, and make it sound like the worst film ever...I will just say unless you like this kind of thing and if your an obvious Robert Pattinson fan, this is not a film I would spend money on for.....its just boring....



Other movies to watch when your bored-> http://www.moviestowatchwhenbored.com/
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~