Monday 16 August 2010

New Art....

Well, I have not posted any new art for a while now, so I think I will now :)~


So this  is called 'Eye of Emptiness'. The inspiration I got for this was by looking at a cover of a sketch book which had a portrait of a women, made in pencil.

 Though the picture on the sketch book was a completely realistic, normal drawing of a women it just seemed to inspire me for some reason. It took about 2 hours using mechanical pencils (0.5, 0.7) and a putty eraser.
I didn't use any reference just small glances of the sketchbook cover so proportion are off I know, but I like it that way, it kind of looks like a fish eye lens heh.
 I tried to get it looking quite like a semi renaissance painting, with her facial features such as her nose, hair and mouth but I'm not too sure if that shows though haha at all, I tried though.
I spent the most time on her hair, trying to draw out as much detail as possible, trying to make it looks bouncy and lively (can't really see that too much on the photo sadly)
Anyway I like how this has turned out and I hope you like it too.
*This is just a photo of my drawing at the moment, hopefully I will be able get a better picture/scan soon.

~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
How To Draw Pencil Portraits Quickly And Easily In 7 Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~