Wednesday 7 July 2010

2 in 1 post tutorial and new art

Well these I actually uploaded on deviantART a couple of days ago.
First one is my finally completed Tenchi Muyos Ryoko fanart :D (Im uploading the stages towards so I can talk more about it instead of just saying 'This is my art' haha)


I really like how this has turned out in the end, I'm pleases with how the colours have come out they are better then what I excepted as I had trouble mixing them haha. With this as well I really wanted it to look like Ryoko herself but make it very much my own style, I hope that shows :). Anyway, as you can see with this the process I went though with making it is,
1. First the basic sketch using Mechanical Pencil 0.7, using the reference from the DVD cover haha.
2. The main lining, using a pigment liner 0.3 this is just so I get that anime / manga-y look, and I just like lining haha.
3. Then I enhanced some of the lines using a 0.5 pigment liner and also added creases to her clothing.
4. Then come the colours. First I done all the skin tone, mixing reds/orange, crimson and yellow. After all her clothes, I cannot remember how I mixed these as they were kind of complicated haha.
5. Last thing was the background made on photoshop. I filled the background with the base colour of beigey/ yellow, made some wood effect lines with the brush tool and transform/ duplicate, then finally added the red lines using the shape tool :)~
Then it was complete....after putting my deviantART signature on it :)~

The next piece I will be talking about is called 'Demon'.
I am very happy with the way this turned out, I was about 4-5 hours worth of work and I think its come out well. I kind of stepped back to an older style of mine with this, with the full background , fully detailed character which surprised me a bit that I done that, as I've been quite lazy lately (Lately!! When have I not been lazy!! :O)....
I will again go though the process of how I made this here while Im talking about it :)~
1. Sketch using mech pencil 0.7, with sketch I have to always draw everything I want in the character I don't know why I just work that way haha.
2. Lining using pigment liner 0.3 for main lines, then 0.05 for smaller detail lines :).
3. Colouring using basic colouring pencils. I don't know the brand name to my pencils, I think they are just cheap ones but I only really used red and blacks, oh and yellow for his horns.
5. Last part was the background. I took the most time on this as the colour wouldn't go on the way I wanted to I repeatedly went over and over the colour. I then enhanced it all with cross-hatching, and bold lineing using 0.5 pigment liner, the dust of the pencils messed up my pen a little argh >_<....
Then it was complete again after putting my deviant ART signature.

Well that's it for a two in one post of a traditional and digital art tutorials, I hope you enjoyed reading :)~
Please tell me what you think, in the comment section below!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~