Wednesday 19 June 2013

Man of Steel


http://www.freshnessmag.com/2012/07/16/man-of-steel-official-movie-poster/
~ Man of Steel ~



So today, watched Man of Steel....
Although I will full admittingly say I have not always been very fond of the overpowered, Superhero of Superman. I will always give all DC films a chance knowing that they have always been good films....mostly.

Whats it about? Well to be honest anybody that knows Superman in general should know what its about and the fact that as the story of Superman as a whole..lets face it, has been remade numerous amounts of times already, so I would assume that most people would get the general jist of it.
Either way for the sake of this post. Its about Kal-el, or Clark Kent as his alias, who was born on Krypton. Sent to earth as a baby. Grew up on Earth thinking he was a  freak different and then finding out his past from a Kryptonian General Zod...or really his father Jor-el more so...but hey...either way really as they both played a part in destroying his normal life telling him his past....
Right so as its quite a self explained story I won't carry on explaining it.

Continuing on, I found the action was very over the top and completely unrealistic, as New York was completely and utterlly destroyed in the end...but with that said, I loved that it was over the top action! I mean its a Superhero film, I expect it to be full of action. What i did like about the action, and is somewhat silly. Is all impact scenes or punches, ect...you could feel the sound in your chest...or my friends and I did....which is what gave the little extra something to the film overall.

Hmm to be honest there is only good things I can say about this film. From my point of view it has become one of my all time favourite superhero films, that includes if I were comparing to Marvel hero films. I would even go as far as saying its beat The Avengers in my book too!....I just really feel it has portrayed Superman in all its glory. I find they have got a good balance between character development, storytelling and action which is something I find a lot of other superhero films have failed at in someway.

Overall, watch this film! I would say watch it in the cinema as well to you can get the full feeling of the film too to be honest. :)..(Edit) The only TINY thing that I have just realised they dont have in this film...is the original Superman theme tune somewhere....well unless it did and I didnt hear it...thats the only small thing I dont like about it....haha ;)

Oh and one last thing does Henry Cavill make a god superman? YES! Indeed he does! :D
Am I dissppointed about him not have the superman trunks? I can look past it as 1. the story was GREEEAT, 2. The director guy had a good reason for once for changing it!

Other superhero films you may like:-
*Green Lanturn
*Batman: Dark Knight Rises
*Avengers
*Thor
*X-Men: First Class
*Captain America


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~