Friday 26 April 2013

Evil Dead 2013


http://renegadecinema.com/3186/evil-dead-2013-review
~Evil Dead 2013 reveiew~



Yesterday I watch Evil Dead..the new one.

So for all those who think it is a remake, its not. So before watching this go into thinking it s WHOLE NEW story with nothing related to the previous films, except the title and hmm a very minor basic concept of the film!....so what is this hash up of a film about?

About a group of friends who go to a remote Cabin in the woods to help one of them get over a drug addiction. In The process they discover an evil book and unleashes evil upon them.
Now unless I want to spoil the whole thing I really can't say too much about it.
But I can say, why is this film called 'Evil Dead' if:
1. It is not like the originals story at all?
2. It doesn't really follow the story of Evil Dead really but more of 'The last exorcism' story/feel?

Anyways, basing this film on the film itself and not from Evil Dead original  It is a gore-fest of film with blood and chopping of limbs every few scenes. It was surely gruesome! The effects were good, the blood looked good and the gore-ness was good...IF you like gore...I am indifferent about gore so i can't really give an opinion on that. However I can say that for me where it was gore, I didn't find it scary...at all...But thats just me. However, ALOT of people I know that have, find it terrifying and some have cried....so base it on that whether you will watch it or not.

If I were to compare to the creepy, eerie-ness of the old one. Well this new Evil Dead is so hollow and lifeless compared to the old one, that its pointless comparing  Reason being in my opinion. Too much gore. It makes it so soulless.

Hmm, I'll just sum this up with. Its an ok film if you view it was a 'nothing to do witht eh original films'...its not great but not terrible.

Tell me your opinion in the comments below and thank you for reading!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~