Friday 1 June 2012

Prometheus film review

~ Prometheus ~


Last night, or should I say earlier this morning, I went to the midnight launch of Prometheus.
I have to say it was a really amazing film, and well worth watching at that time haha~

So whats it about? Well seeming as the trailers themselves were are quite vague, I will not say too much either, but to put it simply; it is about a couple of explorers who have found clues to 'unlocking' the origins and whereabout of mankind. With that they go with a crew into space to find this. This brings on unfortunate events along the way. The question about whether this is anything to do with the Alien films or story? Well yes and no. Yes because its kind of a pre-qual, no because it doesn't feature any of the 'orginal' story, cast or events.

Anyway, as mentioned above 'that its an amazing film' is because  literally everything I find was great!....From casting (Noomi Rapace as Elizabeth Shaw, Michael Fassbender as David,  Charlize Theron as Meredith Vickers....), the aliens showing a new kind or version of the aliens, the sets and CG, and the overall the story! It was told great, flowed great and had good balance between action, talking and well killings and even featured the famed 'scary' parts you would except from this type of film!
I watched it in 3D because the midnight showing was only in 3D haha. But for once I will admit, that the 3D actually done it justice! Ok, so I found it was only truly effective for the first 20 minutes or so from start credit things and the scenery, but those scenes just looked sooooo good, its something you'd really need to see rather than read, but in my opinion they looked absolutely amazing haha....So for once I don't think watching it in 3D will destroy the film.

With this film, as with the previous Ridley Scott films its packed full of semiotics, hidden meanings and messages, which my lecturer would go crazy for haha and I could go on about forever, but they all tell the story in subtle ways which although, are not obvious, I reckon the majority of people will pick up on some throughout anyway.

Right so overall, I really do recommend this film if you like or have seen the previous Alien films or even if you havent seen the others from Ridley Scott. Though I would say its not a  film that would go down well with everyone, as it is a very story driven and complex, its still very understandable and I think a lot (maybe not everyone hah) will like it if they like this type of film....hmm so all I can say is watch it!!

Thank you for reading. Please let me know what you thought of Prometheus in below in the comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~