Thursday 18 August 2011

Pink Gackt WIP

As you can see this is not the final. Please full view it on my deviantART in the links below!


Hey! I'm back with another Digital Gackt drawing. This one was for an Art trade (my first one in fact haha)which was Gackt and Pink....So here is the how I went about drawing Gackt!
I would say this took me...hmm about 3 days on and off to draw...I struggled very much with this!!

Tools I used, Wacom Bamboo Tablet and Photoshop CS2...yes 2 xD~
More in depth tutorials of the techniques Ive used can be seen here, here and here! Please check them out too!

Right so on with the semi tutorial!

So step 1. I found all the references I was going to use. All of them are just from doing a 'Google Image search'.


Step 2. Deciding upon which one out of them I was going to mainly use. This was hard...they are all so great haha. But once I did do that I draw out all the basic guides, from Gackts eyes, his mouth ect....









Step 3. Was drawing out all the skin. I used the eye dropper, brush tool, blur and Gaussian Blur under filter gallery (please visit my other tutorial for more detail examination).





Step 4. I drew his eyes and mouth in more detail. I changed his pretty blue eyes to Pink, as I found it would fit my trade suggestion better hehe. I think Pink suit Gackt....but then again he's look great with any haha~ OK back on topic, I wanted him to look slightly less serious so I made him smile....that was a major struggle and I gave myself a harder task...now I know why I don't normally draw people smiling....teeth are so hard to draw!! I hope his mouth looks OK though!!


Step 5. Ah his hair was another struggle! I flicked the tablet in a wavy swirly direction to get his hair....it was very difficult! I changed the highlight to a hue of Pink and tried my best to make it look some what like his hair in the photo. I know Gackt doesn't have this hair anymore...but I much prefer this then what he currently has....
Step 6. Ah yet another struggle of mine....clothes! I just used the basic shapes of what he had on in the photo, and changed the colours and design slightly. Theres not much more I can say on terms of drawing clothing as I am not very good at it. Please if you have any advice let me know in the comment section below or send a link with a tutorial or something! It would be much appreciated!! :)~




Step 7. Woo hoo the final stage in the process of my digital Gackt art tutorial! So this stage is just the background and my MayonakaSun signature and my Gackt drawing was complete...as well as my half of the art trade hehe. But as you can see I have left all the guides on, you'll have to see the full piece on my deviantART!







Right so thats all it took to make my digital Gackt drawing. Please let me know what you think by comment here, or on my deviantART!
Thanks for reading and visiting my blog!


Need art inspiration? Visit my other blog here at mayonakasun-artinspire.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~