Monday 17 January 2011

The Green Hornet 2011: Review



Well, I just got back from watcing the new 'Green Hornet' movie, starring Seth Rogen and Jay Chou.
*Some of this review will be vague to not spoil it for anyone.


The film follows Britt Reid (Seth Rogen) as he goes from being party go'er to the Green Hornet because of his Fathers death by a 'Bee', in which he meets Kato (Jay Chou) and  Lenore Case (Cameron Diaz) which help him with that.

Hmm, what I was excepting from this movie was Seth acting like a complete idiot and ruining the film entirely, but I was fortunately wrong!  Though he made it into somewhat a comedy, as it was pretty funny which the original...wasn't....Seth acted well, even if he did change his part or should I say the Green Hornets part into an idiot kind of, but overall I did like how he acted in this part.

Seeming as I'm a Jay Chou fan, I reckon I can review his part a bit easier, so hmm what can I say? First thing is Jay I think was perfect for the part as Bruce Lee hardly talked in the original, Jay kind of did the same, buuut I think his overall acting...hasn't changed or gotten better since 'Intiaal D' or 'Kung Fu dunk' for example. Though I like his acting, he pretty much plays the same part again, except he speaks English. He even has his 'trade mark' acting habits such as random whistling, impersonating Bruce Lee and his little joggy thing he does haha.  I guess this part kind of half fulfills Jay younger self's dreams of being Bruce Lee hehe. Plus he even had his song play in the end credits called 'Nunchucks'

Watching it in 3D was the only chose I had, so did it add to the experience? As usual no, but some parts did look great for once for example 'a car scene'. The effects I think were really good, though wasn't enhanced with the 3D at all. I really liked how they made the slow motion in the 3D as they actually made sense in why it was there, made it a little more comic booky, in this film unlike certain films *cough*Resident Evil: Afterlife*cough* but I'm not going to go into that.

The car, though not the same make as the original, was amazing! I loved the look of it and the gadgets, amour and weapons, were wow! The car in a way had it own part in the film haha.

Hmm that's all I can pretty much think of saying about this film beside I really liked it, I definitely recommend if you like seriousish/comedy super hero films, Gadget filled cars, or like me is a Jay Chou fan! So I think go watch!

Other movies to watch when your bored-> http://www.moviestowatchwhenbored.com/

       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~