Monday 17 December 2012

The Hobbit- An Unexcepted Journey

~ The Hobbit- An Unexpected Journey - Movie Review ~
 

Hi! So I've not updated film reviews since October when I watched Frankenweenie! But now I'm finally back! To be honest, I have actually watched Rise of the Guardians in between The Hobbit and Frankeweenie, but I've not had anytime to be able to make a review, so except that review after this one or soon after!
 
Anyway back of the matter or film I should say at hand! The Hobbit is about our lovely Bilbo Baggins, before he becomes old in the Lord of the Rings. This is Bilbo story before Frodo's in other words! Just to clarify before I get any further with the storyline,  I have not read The Hobbit or any of the Lord of the Rings books, so I am reviewing this purely on what watched in the film alone! With that said, Bilbo is requested by Gandalf the blue wizard,  to join an 'adventure' to reclaim the Dwarves land from the dragon Smaug, in which  he abruptly declines! Obviously the story would not continue if that was his final decision, but the full story you'll have to find out yourself!
 
Anyway, the story I found was amazing, it flowed well, kept you interested  the whole way though without making you bored in places and had a nice balance between action and 'calm'. But with that said the thing I was most amazed by was the CG! It was absolutely one of the best Cg films I've seen of the year! I looked ridiculously realistic in most the parts, its something you'd have to see for you to understand how epic it was haha xD...I watched in 2D so I wouldn't know how the 3D would look, however I would say its a film I'd bother watching in 3D to get the full effect of depth!
 
The soundtrack was great, what can I say its what set the films emotions! haha...my friend said she'd buy it, if that gives you any idea on how good the soundtrack was.
 
Acting, as I excepted was great, the dwarves where really fun characters! Each of them having their own personality, like the seven dwarves in Snow White haha...
Umm, hmm to be honest, myself personally can only say good things about this film! It IS a long film being a an almost 3 hours, (2 hour and 45 minutes!), so please for the sake of everyone in the cinema and yourself, do not take kids in with you, I wouldn't say its very kid friendly anyway, as I know somehow they'll get bored as it VERY story driven!
Hmm, I have to say though I was actually really creeped out by Gollum/  Sméagol whichever it was! The way he crawls and acts! Ahh so, so creepy and that's coming from a 21 year old that doesn't normally get creeped out by anything! hahah xD ~
 
Anyway continuing with the only bad point.
This part will in-fact be a spoiler, so if you do not want to know the ending, DO NOT READ!
Right, so the only annoying and obviously done thing in the film, is the major cliff hanger! Its one of the most annoying cliff hangers I've come across in a long time, as the I found the whole entire was literally about getting to the 'Kingdom of Erebor'.I knew it was going to be that to a degree, but literally there is no ending. By the end of the film you see that they are still NO WHERE NEAR their destination, making you instantly know the 2nd film will be again, about them just getting there!
I mean literally there was no resolution to the film what so ever really, just about them looking at a mountain in the far, far, far, FAR distance. I mean sure there was just an epic battle, but really there was no conclusion just, 'oh we need to get there'....its like playing a video game and doing a boss battle ,only to find afterwards that the boss has a second stage for you to beat but he's ran all the way across the other side of the map for you to beat him, or wait for the next game! Rather annoying feeling if you ask me haha..but as I said there's such an obvious reason behind that of 'you'll have to watch the next film!'
 
Beside that 'well planned' gripe its a really good film and for me one of the best I've seen for the year!
 
Thanks for reading and let me know what you think, in the comments below!
 
You may also like~
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~