Tuesday 23 October 2012

Frankenweenie 2012 Review

~Frankenweenie Movie review ~




Yesterday I saw Tim Burtons new 'freaky' film of Frankenweenie.
I always love a good Tim Burton film, so this will probably sound completely and utterly bias towards it, however I always write what I actually think about the film, so please read anyway because its an honest opinion hehe :) ~ 


Riight so what is this film about? So being a full film adaptation of Tim Burtons old short film from 1984, its follows Victor Frankenstein who is a young genius whose great at science...and oh is basically like Mary Shelleys Frankenstein....only in kid form haha...As this is not a spoiler and rather just plain obviously Victors dog and only friend dies....Not being able to accept Sparkys death Victor resurrects his dear pooch. Along side this Mr. Rzykruski, the new science teacher announces the science contest meaning you meet Victors rivals of Weird Girl, Edgar 'E' Gore, Toshiaki and Norros.

Now thats over, what did I think of the film? Well...I have to say I really liked it. It had that creepy, kind of demented mind set of Tim Burton I excepted from his previous Alice In Wonderland. It was very twisted and really had a good pace. Being only a 1 hour and 45 minute film, it tells the story very well and yes, in my opinion for those who want that weird-ed comedy thats slightly obscure then I would say for a kids film this is for you.
The animation is as excepted great! However I don't know if because its a black and white film, the models used looked..hmm wrinkly in places which for me was a little distracting haha....
The soundtrack again, Danny Elfmans and Tim Burton has their ways of making the eerie sound eerie and the happy...sound...high haha....so I liked it.
Hmm really me personally only have good things to say about this film, however if it were from my friends, he would say it was boring and stupid.
So watch it if you like the original, like Tim Burton, or like a slighlty twisted kids film.
Thanks for reading and please let me know what you thought! :D

You may also like:-
~ Zombieland
~ Dark Shadows
~ Cabin in the woods

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~