Thursday 11 October 2012

Panda and Hedgehog: My verdict

 ~ Panda and Hedgehog: Kdrama Review ~

*Does contain some spoilers, but they are predictable so you they wont count haha xD*

Right so I've been watching yet another Korean Drama of Panda and Hedgehog (I would go through the many names of this drama, but whats the point in that haha)
 I've watched all pretty much since it come out so I'm up-to date on the episode and all that....and well its finished now too hehe.
So my main reason for watching it?..DongHae, same reason for watching Skip Beat! too heheh ;P

Anyway, its about a Go Seung Ji (played by the lovely DongHae) whose a patissier and orphan in which he is  rivalling against  Choi Won II's Saint Honore (played by Choi Jin Hyuk). He does this by teaming up  Pan Da Yang (played by Yoon Seung Ah). Along the way they meet a hundred and 1 characters, whose names I can't actually seem to keep in my head so you've got the Saint Honore 'crew'  and the Panda 'crew', there ya' go! haha...
So I guess you'll get the basic gestures of what happens in this drama from others, theres obviously a love triangle, rivalry and tragedy!  I bet you can guess who the love triangle is between....yes, Seung Ji, Pan Da Ya and Won II....though I am not revealing who 'wins'!

Right so, what I found is it starts off being funny, with silly little things happening that makes it a good starter and very cute. Panda started out I find being a really good character, she was fun and well very much like any other girl lead in a drama but she seemed idiotically different haha. However that soon slips after a while.. and she turns, hmm rather annoying. Constantly over reacting over the most trivial things, and overall becoming an annoying attention seeker whose quite selfish when you think about it haha...I still sort of like her,but  she's really not the best female leads I've seen and I preferred her sister and Won II sister much better!

 I also found with the story that it gradually gets to the point where some parts are tediously boring, which is not a good sign. Even though I say this, I still liked the story..mainly because of watching DongHae makes yummy looking cakes and desserts! .... However,I've seen better.
    Thoughout the series I absolutely loved the interactions between Won II and Hedgehog the most. These I found where the best scenes and what I wanted to watch the most.... oooh the bromance between them, especially with both the lead actors being so damn cute and handsome!! haha~
To be honest, even though I was watching this drama for DongHae I actually liked Won II more so than Hedgehog, and I think it was mainly for his facial expressions and his voice and actions/personality. They are great  hahah xD

Hmm, emotional wise I didn't feel anything for any of these characters, unlike with Skip Beat!, Heartstrings, You're Beautiful and others I've browsed at. They didn't seem to trigger anything whilst watching....kinda sad, but maybe thats why I couldn't get into it too much?

Hmm, what else to say? Hmm, unlike other dramas where I find it can be for both girls and guys, this one I find is a little more..hmm girl based, but that doesn't mean guys obviously cant watch and enjoy it but I do find that it would appeal to them as much haha xD~

Thats all I think I can say, I'd say still watch it because it has its super cutesy and funny parts....and even though I criticised it,  I'm sure you'll like it more than me haha xD~
K, thats it thanks for reading and let me know what you think!

You may also like
You're Beautiful- http://mayonakasun.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/kdrama-review-youre-beautiful.html
Heartstringshttp://mayonakasun.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/kdrama-heartstrings-opinion.html 
Yesasiahttp://mayonakasun.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/yesasia-review.html

Watch the series here! http://www.viki.com/channels/7776-porcupine-and-miss-panda











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~