Tuesday 24 July 2012

Batman: The Dark Knight Rises Review


~ Batman: The Dark Knight Rises ~ 



Hello! Back with yet another review!
This time of the new  Batman.
Riiiight, so the Batman films I have always liked. The teasers/trailers have always looked good and appealed to me. However this one, it looked boring in the trailers so I didn't except too much from it, nor to be honest did I like the looks of Anne Hathaway as Catwomen....So heres what I thought afterwards....
Buut thats going to be after I give you a brief summary of Batman first haha.
Its based 8 years after the previous Batman, The Dark Knight...or 'the one with Joker' in, which Wayne has retired Batman after being 'blamed' for murdering Harvey Dent. With this a new evil Bane has risen to take over and destroy Gotham City. As obvious as it is and is hardly a spoiler, Bruce Wayne then costumes up once again as the Dark Knight to stop this evil!  Anyway, as mentioned above Catwomen is also in this and she is there to help Batman....Hmm thats about it.

K, so as I said before, the trailers for this one didn't appeal to me much, so  after watching it I can say, the trailers did not do this film justice. The story no matter how inaccurate it is as always, was very action packed and enjoyable, I can't fault it on story if I'm basing on Film only and not comics. It flowed very well and well yeah as with the previous Batman films they had a lot of CG and hero villian fights haha...  However, with that I can say, some scenes seemed to have went on forever, with too much talking...but I guess it was necessary to tell the story....

So on to Anna Hathaway as Catwomen....she was surprisingly good! My original thoughts on her being Catwomen were 'she's going to be a prissy kitty and almost be 'too stuck up', princessy and posh to be a character like Catwomen' I can't describe my views on that properly but I think you understand?
My views on here changed as she showed she a devious character and she can fight well hehe.....you understand if you watch it!
On to Bane...so Bane for one thing doesn't have his costume and as my dad said when he saw the pics 'he looks like hes got a Mortal Kombat mask on' haha.....he's not as big as Bane, however I find Tom Hardy played him well and portrayed his power well....

Errmmm, hmm what else can I say about this? Hmm watch it if you;ve like the previous Batman films. Its the last in the trilogy, and yeeeeahh.....

Oh and slight spolier here, so dont read if you don't want any spoilers...for those who know the story on Robin...grr you'll be annoyed by how they've featured him in this somehow....

Anyway, thanks for reading...let me know what you thought in the comments below! :D~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~