Friday 17 February 2012

The Women In Black




~ The Women in Black ~

Ahh Right so just got back from watching The Women in Black.

This film is amazing!! I absolutely love it!

So what it is about? It follows Arthur Kipps (Daniel Radcliffe) a farther of a young son, whose mother died . He goes to a small village to sort our legal issues with a house there. Upon arrival he encounter strange happenings and scary things whilst he stays in the house. I have not read the book so I can not compare to that unfortunatly.....
Ok as I really don't want to spoil what happens in this film, that is all I'm saying haha.

Is this film scary? Yes! Even though I do not get scared in scary films, I can see why this film can be very chilling, and haunting. It follows the same 'Hammer' horror feel. They have brought the scariness how scariness should be portrayed...with haunting images, noise and spooky effects not what is shown with most 'horror' films now a days which just consist of gore and blood. I love the eerie-ness to this film and its just perfect on showing of how horror can and should be done, with out constant gore and blood.

Daniel Radcliffe, plays an excellent part in portraying a what seems to be mourning depressed man after his wife died. He captures his characters feeling perfectly, and although I must admit the first few scenes all I saw him as was 'Harry Potter' as time went by in the film you really stop seeing him as Harry Potter and realise he can play so much more to him then just Harry Potter!

Hmm, all I can say is watch this film, I myself will be taking another trip to the cinema to watch it over again actually.....However, seeming as this film is a 12A.... don't let your kids watch it. Its much too scary and will probably traumatize them hahaha~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share your thoughts~